Mission of the PTA
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children;
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children;
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
The Purpose of the PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
Where do PTA dues go?
Your PTA dues have not gone to waste! We run activities and events thoughout the year to support our Teachers, students and families. Here is a list of ways we support the school.
- Promote healthy exercise habits by hosting fun runs, and equiptment needs for P.E. Department
- Support the Sunshine State Young Readers program by purchasing class sets of books for 3rd – 5th grade and pod sets for 1st and 2nd grade.
- Support ABC Families
- Fund teacher, staff and volunteer appreciation activities
- Host Family events to bring the school community together.
- Provide up to two Educational Programs for the students/parents this year
Find PTA Position Descriptions here